Kevin shares 7 secrets of success he’s learned from Olympic Champions in this episode of The Unstoppable Teen Podcast.
You might love sports, you might loath them… Either way, there’s much we can all learn from athletes who have become the best in the world at what they do.
Success leaves clues. Which means if you know which questions to ask high achievers, and if you listen and observe them carefully, there are lots of performance hacks you can take away and implement to improve your own results.
So what did Michael Phelps, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Mo Farrah do to win gold? It’s about much more than just having ‘natural talent’. Kevin reveals all in this episode, so listen now!
You will learn:
- Secret #1: The first thing you need to do if you want to improve your results. This is exactly what the Fiji rugby sevens team did to win their nation’s first ever gold medal. (2:04)
- Secret #2: The most important thing you need to do once you’ve set a goal. Michael Phelps did it, so if it worked for him maybe it will work for you! (4:44)
- Secret #3: Two steps you need to take if you want to accelerate your progress. This is what Team GB’s cycling team did to win more medals than any other country. (6:50)
- Secret #4: You might not like this one but nobody becomes a champion without doing it. Just ask Mo Farrah and he’ll tell you how this habit enabled him to turn failure into record-breaking success. (11:27)
- Secret #5: Adam Peaty used this technique to set a new World Record. (13:31)
- Secret #6: This is what Jessica Ennis-Hill started doing when she was a teenager and continued to do throughout her incredible career. (15:29)
- Secret #7: Nafissatou Thiam didn’t expect to win gold in the women’s heptathlon, but by applying this principle she beat the odds and became a champion. (18:03)
Get Kevin to speak at your school!
What can we do to help you?
We are here to provide support to teenagers, parents and teachers. Please send us your questions via social media and we’ll provide the answers in future episodes.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
If you found this episode useful please share it with others and give us a 5-star review. Please send us your questions and let us know what topics you’d like Kevin to cover in future episodes?