Learning and remembering things are among the most important skills you will ever develop. That’s why Kevin was delighted to recently interview Michael Tipper.
Michael once won the silver medal in the World Memory Championships despite previously having a poor memory.
So how did he improve his memory so dramatically? And what learning strategies did he share that students can use to succeed in school? These are just two of the questions Kevin asked Michael in this episode of The Unstoppable Teen Podcast.
Very few people are born with a natural ability to learn quickly and memorize lots of information. These are learned skills that anyone can master. Indeed, they are essential skills for any teenager who wants to achieve good grades and have a well-paid career.
Listen now if you want to boost your memory, reduce stress and achieve more of your potential!
You will learn:
- Why learning is one of the most important skills in the modern world (03:10)
- The incredible things Michael achieved after learning how to study more effectively (8:10)
- What the devastating consequences can be if you don’t learn how to learn quickly (11:14)
- What Michael had to do to win the silver medal in the World Memory Championships (14:44)
- Which critical factors determine your ability to learn effectively (15:32)
- What teachers must do if they want to do a great job of helping their students succeed (17:23)
- Why motivation isn’t enough (17:43)
- One key distinction and two big words that will help you move past confusion and towards understanding any subject (20:12)
- Why recent breakthroughs in brain science and neuroplasticity are good news for all of us (21:01)
- The common mistake that prevents people from learning effectively throughout their life (24:25)
- What is the memory limit of the human brain? (27:24)
- How stress has a negative impact on our ability to receive and understand information (29:51)
- Why Michael thinks you could scrap a chunk of the time we spend in high school due to the current focus of the education system (31:31)
- What Michael was really like in school and some of the rebellious things he did before he became successful (33:00)
- Why the learning strategies you used in the past won’t necessarily serve you well in the future (43:28)
- A brilliant way to structure your studies throughout the school year if you want good grades at the end of the school year (45:12)
- How to use questions to deepen your understanding of any subject (47:16)
- Which app you can use if you want to achieve more in school (49:35)
- How to help your brain retain more information more easily (50:39)
- How you and your friends can help each other get better grades (52:16)
- What you can do to get your parents off your back (54:00)
- The power of Mind Mapping and how to do use it to boost your memory (55:18)
- How frequently you need to revisit and revise information if you want to be able to recall it easily in a test or exam (58:28)
- The positive mindsets you can adopt that will help you succeed (61:06)
- The importance of putting the work in and being persistent until you get the results you want (63:27)
Useful resources mentioned in this episode include:
Be one of the first people to get Kevin’s new book!
What can we do to help you?
Kevin will be answering listeners’ questions in upcoming episodes, so please let us know what you’d like help with via our social media channels? You can also email the show via email@example.com
Thanks for listening to the show!